Re: A ? for all you old time linux users

on Mon, Oct 07, 2002, Paul Smith (pausmith@nortelnetworks.com) wrote:
> %% Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
>   jh> Yes, and I suppose it will be until someone works out how to fix
>   jh> all the breakage turning on the optimizations caused last spring.
>
> Do other distros like Red Hat also build glibc without any
> optimizations?

RH releases x86 arch-specific versions of a small number of packages,
notably the kernel, glibc, and ssl packages.

More delightfully, default RPM query tools don't provide the
architecture of a specific package (though this can be extracted by
other techniques).

Peace.

   TWikIWeThey: Technology, free software, GNU/Linux, and a little bit
   of everything else:  http://twiki.iwethey.org/