Re: Netscape 7.0 won't run----Rrevisited.

nate wrote:

lameth said:
Sorry I let this thread die but I got busy and couldn't respond.

To recap;

I downloaded and unzipped the netscape 7.0 tarball to
/home/lameth/netscape-installer.  When I ran the command
./netscape-installer I recieved the following error message;
./netscape-installer-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory.

libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 2.91.66-4 provides this file:

/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

sounds like that's what you wanna get ??

(btw I found this package using the file search at the bottom of
packages.debian.org)

nate

Okay I downloaded that package. Now when I run ./netscape-installer I get this error message:
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
default:/home/lameth/netscape-install# ./netscape-installer
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

This is interesting because when I try to run wmix, a mixer app I just installed I get this error;
Xlib: Client not authorized to connect to Server
Unable to open display "(null)"

Both error messages seem to be saying the same thing in a slightly different manner. I ran the command apt-cache showpkg Xlibs and Xlibs6 I have both. Actually Xlibs showed so many results I could only view some of the list because there were so many.