MySql module won't load in Apache (DebianLinux)

I'm running Woody, with MySQL, PHP3,and Apache all installed from
the CD.
Apache document root works fine, and php3 is fine also.  I uncommented the
following lines in /etc/apache/httpd.conf
LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

I added a webpage to document root, with the following, and when I loaded
it into my browser it doesn't show any MySql support/modules/extensions,
and my php interface to Mysql doesn't work.  Mysql normally works fine..
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Does anyone have a clue about what I'm *TRYING* to convey??
Thanks/Chip Rose