Re: Customised Apache+PHP under control of Debian

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:38:11AM +0200, Ambrus Csaba wrote:
> I would like to  install  Apache with static customised (I mean compiling
> from source code because having not default config parameters (from
> deb-source))PHP module. And keep them security up-to-date by cron daemon
> with deb-src from security.debian.org.

You are planning on getting the Debian source package and just tweaking
debian/rules, right?  It will save you _so_ much time.

> Generally, how can I up-to-date unique , compiled binary in debian package
> system?

Keep an eye on the Debian security lists, I guess.  I imagine it
wouldn't be too hard to code up something in Perl that keeps track of
security uploads, then downloads the source, patches and builds it for
you.  I seem to remember that there's a Debian security RDF feed
somewhere, no idea where tho.

-rob