Re: /etc/network/*.d

    "Jerome" == Jerome BENOIT <benoit@eie.gr> writes:

    Jerome> May be I have to rephrase my question ?  I notice that
    Jerome> Woody introduced in the directory `etc/network' four
    Jerome> subdirectories: `if-down.d', `if-pre-up.d',
    Jerome> `if-post-down.d' and `if-up.d'

    Jerome> Because there are not mentioned in the man page, I guess
    Jerome> there are installed by Debian: what is the corresponding
    Jerome> policy ?

Hmmm....you got me looking, and I could not find anything at all. Even
more interesting:

$ dpkg -S /etc/network
ifupdown, wireless-tools, netbase: /etc/network
$ dpkg -S /etc/network/if-up.d/
dpkg: /etc/network/if-up.d/ not found.
$

So I can't even tell where it is coming from. I looked in the
ifupdown, wireless-tools and netbase /usr/doc files and did not see
anything. Very curious.....perhaps a bug report...ah!

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=141634&repeatmerged=yes

I switched to Debian 18 months ago, after 6 years of Slackware and 1
year of SLS (anyone remember that?), and boy, I'm impressed ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal