Re: Lite On 40x Burner

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 12:20:18PM -0500, Michael Heironimus wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 08:02:29PM -0400, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> > Do you know if the LiteOn can do reliable Digital Audio Extraction?  How
> > about DAO mode?  Raw writing mode?  As someone who burns about 30 discs
>
> I can't speak specifically for the 40x, but VideoCD hobbyists absolutely
> love the current Lite-On burners, and those are exactly the kinds of
> things that they need to do. The Lite-Ons also seem to reliably support
> overburning (within the constraints of the media) and 90/99min blanks.

This was a thinly veiled disguise for advice on these drives because
mine is dying. :-)  Now that I know, I'll consider LiteOns, however, I
never burn my Video CDs over 1x and Super Video CDs over 4x for
compatibility reasons.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735