Re: Lite On 40x Burner

I can't say that I've used the drive, although I do have a few general
comments.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 04:58:09PM -0500, Steven Isaacson wrote:

> The drive is $40 cheaper then the 40x Plextor. I really don't care to
> waste my money.

Do you know if the LiteOn can do reliable Digital Audio Extraction?  How
about DAO mode?  Raw writing mode?  As someone who burns about 30 discs
a day, I can tell you that these options are important.  I'm not
criticizing your choice of drive, I'm just saying that sometimes those
additional $40 can make the difference between a drive that you can use
to backup just about anything, and a drive that you can only record ISOs
with.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735