Re: The only thing I miss about Windows

On 12 Oct 2002, 16:38:15, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 04:30:22PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I am sure Baloo meant a "rogue" IT staff member.  :-) And rogue is
> > probably the best way to learn the classic vi keystrokes.  :-)
>
> Yes, I meant rogue.  Also, if it weren't for rogue(6), about the only
> thing I'd know about vi(1) is you hit escape until it beeps, then type
> :q! to get out of it...

Wow - if I had known there was a way to learn vi, I'd never have kept track
of my old Unix SysAdmins, who I call for help (and get caught up with) whenever I get into a jam and I have
to use vi . . . . .

vi is the strongest piece of evidence that Unix was first developed as a
joke . . . .

madmac

--
Doug MacFarlane