Re: Error installing Debian 3.0

Ivens Porto wrote:

When I try the default kernel, 2.2 series, the installation is
successfull, but I can't configure my network card, 3COM 905C Tornado.

You could install with the 2.2 kernel, and then upgrade your kernel to 2.4(either with a kernel-image or by building kernel-source). This would require the cds, since your network card isn't working.

Another workaround (if you don't have the cds) is to use one of those bootable linux cds (one that supports your network card), such as demolinux, and mount the drive you want to install debian on, and download the kernel image you want onto it.

Then after install run dpkg -i nameofkernelimage.deb
to install the kernel you want.

Bijan