Re: Anyone using Debian for Graphic Design or CAD?

hi ya

we/they designed an entire asic on linux... some sun w/ cadence stuff for
sanity check

linux - schematics, logic/rtl/spice/verilog simulations, layout, lpe, drc,
lvs, erc  on linux  ( they used redhat ) .. most apps should work with any
distro in my book

there already is tons of "open source" apps on linux but is pre-mature
compared to individual companies that provide linux-based tools along
with their sun-based tools  ( linux stuff being a fraction of the costs )

http://www.Linux-CAE.net
	( cae, cad, pcb stuff )

c ya
alvin

-- looking again... is that cpu architecture or house architecture...
	oh well.. too late.. might as well post anyway...