Re: Source code

On  0, sdownes <sdownes@cix.co.uk> wrote:
> I feel I am missing something simple here but...
>
> I need the source code for a few standard bits Kernel & PCMCIA bits to
> compile a driver for a PCMCIA card. I would expect to find it on the
> Debian site but can't.
>
> Can anybody tell me where it is
>
> (Deb Testing 2.4 kernel)

apt-get install kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-<your-platform>

You will need to be running the 2.4.18 kernel, of course.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, then you can always:

apt-get source kernel-image-2.4.x-y

if you have something like:

deb-src ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

in /etc/apt/sources.list.

Note that mirror.aarnet.edu.au is only available from inside
Australia, if you are elsewhere you will need to use another mirror.

Regards
Tom
--
Tom Cook

"There are few things more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own."
	- Doug Larson

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au