Re: Source code

sdownes@cix.co.uk (sdownes) writes:
> I need the source code for a few standard bits Kernel & PCMCIA bits to
> compile a driver for a PCMCIA card. I would expect to find it on the
> Debian site but can't.
>
> Can anybody tell me where it is

You can install the kernel-source-2.4.19 and pcmcia-source packages to
get source tarballs in /usr/src.  You probably also want to install
kernel-package if you're going to build a custom kernel, and read the
instructions in its README.Debian file.  If you do this, it's a little
easier to build modules that don't get shipped with the kernel
(PCMCIA, OpenAFS, lm-sensors, ALSA, ...) and you get nice spiffy
Debian packages you can install and remove instead of leaving
unpackaged files splattered across /boot and /lib/modules.

	-- Abra Mitchell