Re: install nvidia driver woody

Michael P. Soulier wrote:

On 15/10/02 herv? did speaketh:

hi all
i'm trying to install nvidia driver on woody and when i do make install with the kernel driver part i've got an error:
in file included from nv.c:14:
nv-linux.h:24: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
make:*** [nv.o] Error 1

that's all...
could  someone help me please ?

   Is your kernel-headers package installed? modversions.h should be in
there.
   Mike

whoa Deja Vu all over again!I had this same exact problemwhile trying to upgrade my Nvidia TNT2 drivers. After I installed the kernel headers package I had to run from inside /home/lameth/nvidia_kernel-.0-3123;
make SYSINCLUDE=/usr/src/kernel-header-2.4.18-bf2.4/include/linux
all the files were copied to their proper places . After that I ran the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86. Heres the important part make sure that dri and GLcore are not selected. And when it asks say no to the question "Do you want the dri section created for you."

Becareful this is what I did for my card your's may be slightly different.