Re: diald on debian?

Kurt Yoder wrote:
Hey list

I recently tried to set up diald, but can't get the automatic internet
connection to work. I've definitely got a working internet connection if I
start it manually using pon. I have diald installed, and all the configs
look OK to my inexperienced eye. What else should I look at to get diald
working correctly so that I don't have to manually bring up my internet
connection?

I should mention that pppd's own dial-on-demand feature seems to work surprisingly well now.

pon starts up pppd, it hangs around waiting for an outgoing packet, then dials out.

poff kills off the pppd process, disabling dial-on-demand.

Turns out it's really easy to set up: add one line ('demand') to /etc/ppp/peers/provider.