Re: diald on debian?

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> Hey list
>
> I recently tried to set up diald, but can't get the automatic internet
> connection to work. I've definitely got a working internet connection if I
> start it manually using pon. I have diald installed, and all the configs
> look OK to my inexperienced eye. What else should I look at to get diald
> working correctly so that I don't have to manually bring up my internet
> connection?

========

Me too.  I use pon and poff, and it dials on demand, but it keeps
redialing the connection at odd times throughout the day.  I haven't
figured out how to mute the noise (newbie alert?), so it's annoying.  I
don't have anything running that I know of to make it keep dialing up at
irregular intervals like that.  I'm still reading up on it..