Re: No DHCPOFFERS received

Alan Chandler heeft geschreven:

On Monday 14 October 2002 11:28 pm, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:
Alan Chandler heeft geschreven:

>It may be that you have to register the ethernet card address with the
> ISP

I don't have a static ip adress but the cable company uses dynamic IP
(DHCP)

[It helps if you cut away all of the text except the small bit you are responding to - it took me a while to find your one line reply in all the stuff that went before]

So what you are saying is that you have to use dhcp, but that no dhcp server is responding to your outgoing request for an address. As I said above, do you have to register the ethernet cards address with the ISP?

I've installed dhcp server, wasn't installed, but how dow I register my card with the ISP ???