Re: Linksys PCMCIA network card - what module to use?

Neal Lippman said:
> I decided to have a go at getting debian installed on my Thinkpad 770ED;
> mostly I was able to get the initial module configuration to work (a few
> glitches, but I can work those out later). However, until I can get
> networking up and running, I cannot continue the install.
>
> I have a Linksys 10/100 PC card (PCMCIA), but I cannot figure out what
> the correct driver is for this. Anyone have any information?
>
> The card is a mode PCMPC100, for what it's worth.

In my experience, every PCMCIA card I've ever used on linux just
required that you load the PCMCIA tools, the tools automatically load
the correct drivers for the cards(if the drivers are available). If
it doesn't detect it, you may have to manually compile a newer version,
you can check the docs on pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net(I think thats the
right site), for compadiblity, take the card out and find the model#
hopefully it is compadible..I have used many PCMCIA NICs, though mostly
xircom(now intel), and 3com, as well as a couple netgears with no
problems, never tried linksys though.

nate