Re: Debian Linux Compatability

On Sunday 13 October 2002 11:23 pm, Marcus Bendall wrote:
> I am considering using Debian Linux, but I have one question. Can you
> install Debian onto a computer running Windows 98, and keep 98 as the
> main OS so that it automatically runs on startup, and then run Debian if
> I want from Windows?

absolutely. in fact, there are even better ways to accommodate your interest
in occasionally using debian. go to debian.org and check the archives. i'm
not being rude. you owe it to yourself to look up an issue that's been
covered almost once a month every year. read what's available and post again
when you've learned a bit about what you want to do. don't be discouraged by
my response, but take note that jumping into debian takes a bit of fortitude.
you'll definitely get a lot of help on the list, but you need to get well
used to doing a lot of independent research. in fact, do a google search for
'debian 98 dual boot' or some such to get acquainted with the issue. again,
don't take this as a snub. while it may not seem apparent now, it really is
helpful advice.

ben