calendar supporting vcalendar?

Hi,

to synchronize with my handheld I need my calendar in the vcalendar
format. So far I used korganizer, but since some time it doesn't use
internally the vcalendar format any more and only allows to export in
the vcalendar format, which is inconvenient. To make things worse, not
even the alarms work and there seems to be no progress in correcting
this bug.

So, I would like to change to another calendar application which
supports vcalendar files and has working alarms. I tried evolution,
but it actually seems to use the ical format too and did a very bad
job importing my vcalendar file. (All returning events were missing.)
Aethera on the other hand seems to relay on korganizer anyway.

Any suggestion?

Andreas Goesele