Re: OT: DNS servers

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 the mental interface of
Mark Carroll told:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> > Would it be unwise to install bind on your own box?
> > and then set your resolv.conf to
> > nameserver   ???
> I do exactly that, then all my nameserver config is done in /etc/bind/
> Seems to work okay.

On a single computer you don't need bind! You will have the same
problem, because your "single" bind has to forward to an outside DNS
;-) So follow the advices of Martin.

  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)