Re: How do I start a X session on another machine

Hi,

* Andrew Lindley <aml47@ntlworld.com> [02-10-13 12:43]:
>On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 10:39 , Thorsten Haude wrote:
>>* Andrew Lindley <aml47@ntlworld.com> [02-10-13 10:20]:
>>>I went for option 2  - ssh. I can ssh between the 2 hosts but the
>>>$DISPLAY variable does not get set on the server machine. I have
>>>ssh_config on both sides defaulting to ForwardX11=yes and can see the
>>>x11_get_proto line if I give ssh the -vv option. So I have a situation
>>>where I can ssh for command line but no X support.
>>
>>The entry in ssh_config is meant to replace ssh's -X option? Does the
>>server offer X11?
>>
>>Anthing to learn from 'ssh -v' (or 'ssh -v -X')? What do the X
>>applications say?

[snip]
Ok, that was a lot of stuff that seems to be unrelated. I couldn't
find anything suspicious in the parts that seem to be related to your
problem, sorry.

>I'm not entirely certain what you mean by does the server offer X11.

I meant sshd. IIRC, it must offer X11 to the clients.

Thorsten
--
You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face
reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it.