Re: using Apt-Get to migrate to Debian ?

If you're worried about downtime, you could try to install Debian using
the SuSE install, resizing partitions on the fly and all, but IMO, it's
not really worth it. The best way you can do if you really care about
downtime is to quickly fit a new hard drive in, install Debian on it
using debootstrap (read the install guide) configure it and reboot into
it. Still overhead, but it's better than the first option I gave you.