Re: How do I start a X session on another machine

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Andrew Lindley wrote:
> I went for option 2  - ssh. I can ssh between the 2 hosts but the
> $DISPLAY variable does not get set on the server machine. I have
> ssh_config on both sides defaulting to ForwardX11=yes and can see the
> x11_get_proto line if I give ssh the -vv option. So I have a situation
> where I can ssh for command line but no X support.
> Any ideas?

This message is 3 days old, so there may have been answers that I missed,
but here goes.  I had the same problem.  I found many references that say
you have to default ForwardX11=yes in ssh_config.  What most references
don't seem to mention is, you also have to default X11Forwarding to yes in
sshd_config on the other system.