Re: raid 1 recovery

there is a good article at linux journal about raid 1 setup
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5898&mode=thread&order=0

I tested the suggested method, it works quite well.
machine still boot up ok if any hdc partition fail.

i tested many combinations of the failures, the difficult part
is still the boot disk fails. I simulate it by unplug the cable from hda
HD, while hdc still attach to my 2nd controller.

the hdc root partition is a resync copy from the orginal date from hda,
filesystem ext2.

i boot up from tomsrtbt bootable floppy and amended the hdc  /etc/fstab file
to point to hdc instaed of hda.
then i reboot it using a mkbootdisk floppy, and do a LILO:linux root=/dev/hdc1
system boot up with all the superblock warnings....

what is the fastest way to recover if bootdisk (hda) fail?

(if did try move the hdc to primary controller, then i see
superblock warnings again....)

> with raid 0.90 it may be different, what does cat /proc/mdstat
> show when you only have 1 disk?
it display the default content. no md* active.

David

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:33:59 -0700 (PDT), nate wrote