Re: DWL-650 Wireless PCMCIA Card

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 10:18:29PM -0400, James Hughes wrote:

> This fails, as the card is supposed to work (and does) with the
> linux-wlan-ng driver, which is named prism2_cs.

Actually this card should use the orinoco_cs driver, I have two of them.

> Configuring network interfaces... Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.1
>   kernel build: 2.4.16 unknown
> ds: no socket drivers loaded!

I'm no expert, but I believe this is because you don't have a socket
driver loaded.  Based on the kernel listed in your output, you should
probably be loading "yenta_socket".  This is normally done by putting
the following in /etc/default/pcmcia:

   PCIC=yenta_socket

--
Jamin W. Collins