Re: ieee1394 vs. plip for computer to computer file transfer

I've used plip for the transfer of thousands of files between 2 linux
computers, although it is fairly slow.  However, I doubt your prospects
for a PLIP link with XP are very good.  Here are a couple exerpts from the
PLIP mini-howto.  People have had success connecting DOS/Linux via PLIP.
See:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/PLIP-9.html

However, with Windows 95:

10. PLIP between Linux and Windows 95.
This section is empty. I use windows 95 for nothing serious but games, so
I don't try and don't care about a PLIP link with Linux. The questions
about such a link have won the most asked question contest, so I give here
a (so far) definitive answer.

No, so far nobody reported me a successful link between Linux and Windows
95. if somebody succeds in setting up this link, please let me know
immediately: thousand of PLIP users await these news!