Re: Should I convert to ext3?

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue55/florido.html

On 2002-10-12 12:10:17, Chip Rose wrote:
> As a new Debian3.0 user, I've seen posts about converting to ext3 or
> another type filesystem.  I don't know anything about this, but if it
> would make my single-user computer more stable, I might want to try it.

I would not expect any change in stability, although progmaticly ext3
would be (insignificantly?) more risky as it's newer and not as widely
used.

> Are there significant benefits, to outweigh the "risks" of me possibly
> hosing my system?

The main advantage from my perspective is that you have some level of
file system consistency even when your machine crash and that the
subsequent fsck is much faster for large file systems.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
P.O. Box 2022