Re: Printing

Russell wrote:

lameth wrote:
Okay I've installed cupsys and cupsys-gimp-print. I pointed my browser
to http://localhost:631 and set up my epson color stylus 600. When I
print a test page it prints beautifully. My problem is none of my
programs can use the printer. All of them want to print to lpr or in the
case of mozilla, Postscript/default. When I try to print anythiing
nothing happens.

I tried lpoptions -d epson (which is what I named my printer). Is there
a dpkg-reconfigure <whatever> that will do a system wide configuration
for all my programs to us the printer I just installed?

in /etc/cups/lpoptions, i have: Default Stylus400 pagesize=a4 page=a4 pageregion=a4

in /etc/cups/printers.conf:
# Class configuration file for CUPS v1.1.14
# Written by cupsd on Sat Oct  5 12:43:24 2002
<Class OrionPrinters>
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
Printer Stylus400
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Class>

I have /etc/cups/ppd/Stylus400.ppd  which is just
a copy of /usr/share/cups/model/stcolor.ppd.
Try various files in this directory. If stcolor2.ppd
or stphoto2.ppd causes lots of blank pages to print,
try stcolor.ppd or stphoto.ppd.

My files look the same, I still can't print