Re: apache2

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:18:07PM -0700, Michael Montagne wrote:
> I just installed apache2 and apache2ctl claims that /usr/sbin/apache2 is
> not found.  And indeed it is not.  There is nothing in /etc/init.d
> either.  How does one start and stop the apache2 server?

I'm not sure which version of Apache 2 you have, but I think most of the
recent versions have the start/stop functionality built in to the
binary. The apachectl script is mainly a wrapper, it runs "httpd -k
start" and "httpd -k stop", as well as "httpd -k start -DSSL" for an
SSL-enabled server.

--
Michael Heironimus