RE: The only thing I miss about Windows

Nate,

I'd been using openoffice for a week or so.  I made the foolish mistake of
letting 3 of the system engineers know (one of them an avid linux supporter
hehehe) and my boss know.  Took the asshole a week to come around and have a
go at me.  I was NOT impressed.  Doesn't matter anyways, he was an asshole
and I bitched about his table manners to his boss (and got the sack because
of it).  It just goes to show that some IT managers are assholes.

Anyways, toshiba' R&D department in Australia is heavily pushing for linux.
The rest of management won't touch it.  Fools.  In my position (helpdesk lvl
1/2) it would have been very difficult to go totally open source (I needed
to use microsoft tools to admin stuff on the network).  Shame really.  They
had so many internal network issues it wasn't funny...and all because of
crappy unreliable ms windows servers.  Hell they're running win98 as servers
lol!!!  What a joke.

To show you how daft they are, they ordered 150 licenses for Office XP
shortly after it was introduced.  Up until I left their employ, they still
had deployed it...reason?  Reliability and compatibility issues.  Go
figure...

And as to pirate Windows software - you hit the nail right on the head.  I
tried dobbing the bastards into the Australian piracy hotline as a payback
for them *ucking me over but they weren't even interested.  Makes you wonder
really.

Anyways i've had my bitch for today ;)

Dave