Re: The only thing I miss about Windows

Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:41:41 -0700
From: Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
>  On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 07:32:27AM +1000, David Pastern wrote:
>> what i'm talking about.  My former bosses opinion of Linux was that it was a
>> piece of *hit and you couldn't get any support for it, and device driver
>> support was non existant. . . .
>  It makes me wonder if all managers everywhere read Datamation.  8:o)

A woman I know via a non-tech mailing list hangs out with a public-
service group in Portland -- an organization that refurbishes old boxes
for schools & kids from poor families, holds classes in computer repair
& use, etc.  Thus it stresses Linux, but isn't bigoted; in fact my
acquaintance appears to teach classes there in WinDOSe.

Recently she informed the mailing list that Linux was all right but far
from ready for the run-of-the-keyboard user [here append excuses in
fashion say 2 years ago].

Observe the _inertia_ -- not only amongst Baloo's conjectural devotees
of Datamation but right inside choirs we tend to assume converted down
to the last hemidemisemiquaver.