Re: Make applications remember their positions and sizes

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 09:22, Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf) wrote:

> I am tired of having to redimension abiword Xemacs and the like each
> time I run them. I know I can specify the applications to start
> maximized using Window Maker but that is not enough flexible for me.
> I used to modify the .XResources, but I was wondering if there was some
> kind of easier way built-in Gnome, so that these settings get
> automatically kept for each application.
>
> Is there something like that available?

No, not that I know of. Either the application itself (e.g. gkrellm has
an option to remember its position) or the window manager (sawfish <=
1.0.1 has a history function) should provide this ability.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X