Re: Mutt help, please

Hi,

* Lonnie Sutton <lsutton2@qwest.net> [02-10-11 00:46]:
>I am using woody, and as you can see from this mailing, I can send
>mail from Balsa, no problem.

How do you send mail with Balsa? Do you use your MTA or any function
from within Balsa?

>When I fetchmail, if comes in OK, and of course I can read it in Mutt.
>I can send a mail to myself locally, and the from header looks OK, and
>of course it is immediately there for Mutt to read.

So the MTA is working at least locally.

>When I try to send a mail through my ISP, the mail seems to go
>somewhere, but never shows up when I fetch the e-mail from my ISP. Also,
>when I look in the mailq it is empty, and when I check
>/var/spool/exim/input it is empty as well.
>
>So it would seem that Mutt is putting something in a header that causes
>my sent mail to get rejected by my ISP, and it gets thrown
>away.

My first guess is that you didn't set up your MTA correctly. I don't
use Exim, but I'd expect some question about local systems/domains and
a smart host or relay host. These would be things to look up in Exim's
documentation.

Thorsten
--
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.