Trouble installing Xwindows on debian 3.0 (woody)

Title: Trouble installing Xwindows on debian 3.0 (woody)

Hi,

I am a debian newbie ( coming from the mandrake world)...
I am having trouble getting XFree86 to work correctly on my machine...When I run startx .. it crashes and xfree86config suggests running "SuperProbe" to get the right characteristics for my video card before re-running the config.

But I cant find SuperProbe on my system ( I did a search ).... Is there a simple utility that I could run which will detect all the hardware and select the right options (like Mandrake does SO WELL)...

Thanks.

_srini