Re: Idled + SSH.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 12:05:15PM -0700, Petro wrote:
>     I've got 2 border machines running Debian Potato, and I recently (2
>     days ago) did a security update on it for the first time in 4 or 5
>     months.
>     On one of these machines, I also upgraded SSH.
>     Then Idled stopped working on that machine.
>     So I have 2 machines that are effectively identical except for the
>     existence of the new SSH.
>     One is running SSH Version OpenSSH-1.2.3, protocol version 1.5.
>     The other is running OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-0.0potato1, SSH
>     protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090603f
>     The latter one does not log out idle users.
>     Any clues about how to get Idled to work with the newer SSH?
>     Otherwise it's regression time.

    As near as I can tell this was caused by the introduction of
    privilege seperation in the new version of SSH. If I run with it on,
    idled stops logging people off. If I turn it on, idled continues to
    work.

    Bummer.

--
time since last cigarette: 171d, 11h, 53m
time since last dose of Nicotine: 126d, 18h, 0m