Re: "unhandled exception" running Wordperfect on Woody??

I looked at the various machines again, and realized that the machine on
which WP Office always crashes is the one running XFree86 4.2 (my video card
(Trident Cyberblade XP) is not supported in 4.1); the other two are using
XFree86 4.1. There may be some other subtlties in configuration I can't
think of offhand, but this seems to be the biggest difference. I also tried
to install Corel PhotoPaint (just in case the versions of wine/fonttastic it
includes would solve the problem), but it dies with a similar error.

I am not sure this is the problem, however, as I am sure I had 4.2 installed
on this machine when WPO worked. I suspect this is really a font server
problem, and I will have to muck around a bit more to  get it to work.

In any case, in order to access my WP files, I installed the download
version of WP 8, which seems quite robust, though missing many niceties.

Thanks to all for the various suggestions,

Bruce