Re: CD-R not mounting

Marcus wrote:

Running Debian 3.0

I've added the appropriate "hdc=ide-scsi" option to grub.conf, but the
CD drive still won't mount.
It seems that setup did not add ide-scsi to the modules? Or are they in
the kernel already?
i had the same problem. i don't think that 3.0 comes with a stock 'scsi enabled' kernel. the module you're looking for is called 'srmod'.

Can anybody tell me how you would add the appropriate driver config? It
seems in Debian you don't directly edit modules.conf.
the only thing i can recommend is that you build a nice new kernel and include 'scsi emulation', 'scsi support', and 'scsi generic support' - all of which can be built and loaded as modules.

to load modules at boot time, run 'modconfig' as root.

After several attempts I'm fairly clueless. Mandrake recognized the
CD-R and added ide-scsi to modules.conf. What do I need to check?
you're doing the right thing by adding the 'hdc=ide-scsi' to grub.. you just have to make sure that scsi emulation is built into your kernel.

Thanks,

Marcus

good luck bro and email me if you still need help. i know it can be a bit frustrating. i came from mandrake too.

-jeff