Re: How to virus-check cyrus-imap mailboxes

hi ya

-- if you do NOT have root access to the pop mail server
   nor the smtp server ... feel free to ignore my rants
	- you're stuck with doing things after the fact

but, assuming you have control of the smtp and pop mail server
	- it can be the same or different machines

-- you should first check for incoming spam... and reject
   the spam and its viruses
	- we'll leave the definition of spam for another day

-- than check that incoming emails for virus and again reject
   the incoming mail... whether legit or not

-- use sendmail, exim, and or your fav mta to do the above

-- at this point above... the virus has NOT yet been received
   in your mailboxes...

-- cleaning up the mailboxes, after you have received
   the junk mail and/or legit mail w/ virus is too late
	( aka filters )

-- senders of legit emails w/ viruses would be happy to
   be notified that their machine is sending out virus
   with their legit emails ... and will happily try to
   fix it before the virus wakes up and does something worst

antispam stuff
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/antispam.gwif.html

antivirus stuff
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/antivirus.gwif.html