Email virus scan questions

OK -- I'm about to start serving mail for my mom and brother from this
machine via IMAP. They may be using Outlook Express as their client. I
want to do all virus scanning on this side before they read the mail.
Maybe some spam filtering too since my brother was careless with his
address at some point and is getting hammered.

I did an apt-cache search virus and it came back with quite a few
choices that seem feasible. Any suggestions as to which may be best
suited to my purpose?

Thanks,

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com