Re: debian emacs policy and configuring mutt

Vineet Kumar wrote:

Mutt should read /etc/Muttrc first, then your ~/.muttrc , so your personal settings will override anything in /etc/Muttrc.
The /etc/Muttrc file was the one that confused.
Unfortunately I didn't recognized that this file  w a s  on HDD.
After <locate [Mm]uttrc> failed I didn't think of looking
in /etc by hand.
The file  i s  there!
Mutt did't read out my ~/.muttrc because Muttrc has this entry:
# set alias_file="~/.muttrc"(!)

Nevertheless I configured system-wide and set the emacs
editor in Muttrc. It works.

It still puzzles me that mutt uses /usr/bin/editor after failing
finding a uncommented editor-setting in /etc/Muttrc
(which has a lot of commented settings).
No idea how to solve this, if someone might have a idea
please paste a short message to me or the list.

Thanks

Robert