Re: debian emacs policy and configuring mutt

* Robert Wilhelm Land (Robert.Land@t-online.de) [021008 00:02]:
> In both cases, mutt overrides these settings in .muttrc and uses vi for
> composing mail.

Does mutt read anything else in your .muttrc ?

When running mutt, what does it give you if you type

:set ?editor

?  Also, try issuing

:set editor=vim

from within mutt.  Does this work?

good times,
Vineet

> Irritating enough - man mutt reports about a system wide configuration
> file /etc/Muttrc which I thought would contain anything causing mutt

Mutt should read /etc/Muttrc first, then your ~/.muttrc , so your
personal settings will override anything in /etc/Muttrc.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin