RE: Uninstalling Exim uninstalls Apache

OK, here is the problem, now solved.

I had managed to get Exim up and running, but was only able to get e-mail
delivered to root when root set up an account with my username. No matter
what I did with permissions nothing would change it. I uninstalled Exim and
Kmail alternatively and together and altogether (went back to Sendmail, and
tried Postfix), etc. nothing would deliver mail to the user. In addition to
noticing that uninstalling the MTA uninstalled Apache which confounded me, I
also noticed that when I uninstalled and re-installed Kmail no matter how
thoroughly I thought I had taken out all the left-behind Kmail files, up it
would pop with all my settings intact. (I thought these settings were the
real source of the problem. Ok now that I'm at the end of the story, I will
make it short: what appears to have worked is uninstalling and reinstalling
Procmail.

Thanks for the help folks! NOW I'm on to POP3 setup....

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org