From: paul [mailto:paul.miller@rogers.com]
Sent: Monday, 7 October 2002 12:38 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: ifup, dhcp troubleshooting

Hello, I've recently compiled a fresh kernel (to get my audio working) and
have lost connectivity.  I have a sis900 adapter built in to my board and I
configured the kernel to include the sis900 driver.  The driver seems to be
working, ifconfig -a shows eth0, but I can't get an IP.  If i try ifup eth0,
after a few seconds i get this:

'eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex'

then it just sits there, so i ctl-c after a minute or two.  Everything
worked before I compiled my own kernel, what components/options may I have
neglected in the kernel?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.