persistent windows in gnome+sawfish?

Is there a way to make certain windows persistent across the
Workspaces in sawfish+gnome? I'd like my xbiff windows to stick around
on all my workspaces. These are remote xbiffs and so the only way I
can start them is by logging in to the remote systems via ssh and
starting xbiff, thus, I can't use one of the Gnome applets.

I see the "Persistent group ids" entry in sawfish->miscellaneous, but
simply putting "xbiff" in doesn't seem to work, and I can't find any
documentation explaining exactly what "Persistent group ids" is. The
sawfish info manual under the "Workspaces" node says:

        "What do I want to say here?"

More than that! :)

Thanks,
Gary