Re: kbdrate set by normal users

> I'm not sure I know what you mean by "globally".  Do you mean for all
> users?  Does it work at all?

when I say globally, I mean it actually didn't work at all.  I have noticed
that if I change kbdrate in an xterm, and then switch to tty2, the kbdrate is
back to default, and when I switch back to the xterm, it too is now back to
default.  So I was assuming it changed the kbdrate for tty1 (I assume that is
the tty which the script ran attached to?) and then kbdrate got changed back
to default when gdm started.  I have no idea if that is what actually
happened.

have you experienced anything similar to this?

thanks,
jason pepas