Re: Would like some recommendations on Laptap: must satisfy the following ->

Hi,

I just got a really sweet Notebook meeting most of your requirements.
There are a lot of people running Linux on it, some BSD is also
working.

* Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> [02-10-07 21:20]:
>built in cdrom and floppy, no stupid docking stations...sony vaio...yikes
>better yet a built in dvd drive....

No internal floppy, but a CD-RW/DVD drive.

>needs to be able to run vmware so that windows can be run...

No idea, but don't see a problem except maybe performance.

>lightweight, good sized screen, great resolution,

1.5 kg, 10.6", 1280x768

>Probably i386 arch would be the best since I'm not sure VMware
>will work on non i386 arch...

Crusoe TM5800

>Powersave mode has to work easily in linux.....

Suspend works fine, if that is what you're aiming at.

>It just has to work without a lot of hassles of looking for obscure patches..
>:-)

So it does, though there are patches that seems to increase speed.

>price is the least important but it would be nice to not to spend too much....
>not more than 2000US

Starts at $1549

Thorsten