Re: Repartioning NTFS

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 03:06:27PM +0200, Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf) wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 11:12, ben wrote:

> > > I'd suspect there's no such free software in the Linux world
> > > that will repartition or resize NTFS partitions. If there were,
> > > it'd imply an ability to write to NTFS partitions, which is not
> > > available as of this moment.
>
> non free programs should do the work. Partition Magic is an
> example. But I am sure you knew it. That doesn't answer your
> question, but that solves your problem :)

I have successfully repartioned a ntfs partition with parted last
year.

Just read the documentation and work carefully.  Make sure that your
data is on a part of the disk which will not be affected.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which
      the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
                                         James 1:12