using xpdf to open pdf files from galeon

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to open pdf files
directly from galeon using xpdf instead of the default(gv) because the
default just shows a blank page.

I installed plugger at some point. Here is the relevant part from
/etc/pluggerrc-4.0

application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
#       repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry
+9000+9000 -xrm '*userFrontEndProgram: FALSE' "$file"
#       repeat swallow(gv) fill: gv -safer -quiet -antialias -geometry
+9000+9000 "$file" 2>/dev/null
        repeat swallow(xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 -err "$file"

In the Settings->Preferences->Handlers->MIME Types section in Galeon,
there seems to be three settings for pdf as below

application/pdf    	Run with helper		xpdf -q %s	True
text/pdf		Ask the User		none		False
text/x-pdf		Ask the user		none		False

How would I even go about troubleshooting this - How can I find out what
application is being used or even what type Galeon thinks the file is. I
have tried

% telnet www.whatever.com 80
GET /index.pdf

but that only returns the PDF itself - no headers with Content-Type.

Any help in this is appreciated.

Regards,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            26/3 Annandale Street   Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com     Edinburgh EH7 4AN       Web: www.urbyte.com