Re: New KDE3 on SID will only allow root login;Any suggestions

John Foster wrote:

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 21:56, Kent West wrote:
Check /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config; you probably want
   allowed_users=console

whereas you probably have
   allowed_users=root

Kent
Not the case I already checked that but looked again just to make sure I
did not miss it. This is what I have.

### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
# Do not edit within this region if you want your changes to be
preserved by
# debconf.  Instead, make changes after the "### END DEBCONF SECTION"
line.
allowed_users=console
nice_value=-10
### END DEBCONF SECTION

Any other ideas?? Thanks.
John

By failing to respond to the list, you've cut yourself off from a lot more expertise than I have. Accordingly, I have re-routed this post to the list, so your issue can get maximum exposure (and so others with similar problems may find information in the archives).

How are you starting X? With a session manager, like xdm, gdm, kdm, wdm? Or with "startx", or what?

If with kdm or gdm, I believe both have a gui configuration tool which may have options for solving your issues, but I'm not sure what the tool names are. Perhaps others on the list may have some suggestions.

Kent