Re: ide-scsi grabs devices against my wishes

    "Jason" == Jason Pepas <j.pepas@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

    Jason> how can I make ide-scsi only grab the devices I tell it to?

Besides telling ide-scsi to ignore the other devices as another poster
suggested, you can ensure that ide-cd first grabs everything else. In
my case I want ide-scsi only on /dev/hdd (my CD-RW device). So I have
a file called /etc/modutils/cdrw which contains:

# First, get the ide-cd drive to not latch onto /dev/hdd
options ide-cd ignore=hdd
#
#
# Set up an alias for /dev/scd0 to load sr_mod
alias scd0 sr_mod
#
#
# Now get ide-cd followed by ide-scsi loaded before the SCSI drivers
pre-install sg        modprobe ide-scsi
pre-install sr_mod    modprobe ide-scsi
pre-install ide-scsi  modprobe ide-cd

Run update-modules after creating this file.

Cheers!
Shyamal